Thursday, October 17, 2013

Privacy Policy Update

My name is Charity Rowell, and I'm a Google Analytics user...


Why?

Why do I use Google Analytics? Simply put, I wanted to get a better idea of who liked what, and where they lived. Why would I want to know this? After all, it's pretty obvious that I am not making money on this blog. I use this information for the times when I can't think of anything to write about; I look at which articles have received the most hits, and I use this to information to get my creative juices flowing. 

I don't plan on monetizing this blog in the foreseeable future, but this could change. If/when it does, you will be the first to know.

What's Changed?

The information that Google Analytics provided still left me scratching my head... The information I had didn't tell me if my audience was made up of mostly HR professionals, college students, blue collar workers, etc... The data didn't provide any information about what age group(s) I appealed to, or what genders I appealed to; perhaps some articles appealed to younger males while other articles appealed to females around my age. In other words, I really don't know that much about many of my readers.

Recently Google Analytics added Demographics & Interests reports that will provide me with this information about you. I added this report to the reports that I have been receiving, and I wanted to make sure that you knew that I was trying to find out more about my readers and their interests.

What This Means To You

I am not receiving information about your name, address, where you work, and phone number. I can see what country and city my readers live in, I might be able to see the age and genders of some of my readers, and what their interests are. This information is being collected so that I can write about some of the stuff that interests you... Period... I will not sell this information, or reveal this information to another person/company.

My Disclaimer page has been updated to reflect the changes to my privacy policy, and it has more information about what to do if you don't want to share this information with me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.